- Our Mission
- Transformation Program
- Coaches & Consultants
- Student Internships
Seed Transformation Program – Southern Africa
Gain management training and networking support in this leadership program for established business leaders in Southern Africa.
How can you bring Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurship to your company? What management skills are required to grow and scale? How can the success of your business help to lead your region to greater prosperity? Stanford GSB and the De Beers Group are working together to help business leaders in Southern Africa expand and transform their companies, community, and economy.
The Seed Transformation Program is the answer. Apply to this comprehensive yearlong program that includes eight months of immersive management training designed specifically for business owners in Botswana, South Africa, and Namibia, led by Stanford GSB faculty and supported by trained local facilitators. The ultimate goal: to create and activate a detailed action plan to help you grow and scale your company.
Throughout the yearlong experience, you will work in small peer groups called Leadership Labs to share experiences, resources, ideas, and support.
Key BenefitsDevelop the skills, tools, and mindset to grow and scale your business, create jobs, and lead your region to greater prosperity.
- Gain essential business and leadership skills, from strategy and finance to business ethics and design thinking, all taught by world-renowned Stanford faculty, and local business practitioners.
- Take advantage of a world-class curriculum from Stanford GSB and the innovative thinking that has shaped some of the most successful companies in Silicon Valley.
- Create an action plan to grow and scale your business.
- Get support from trained local facilitators to help you introduce what you’ve learned to your company and promote buy-in.
- Develop relationships with like-minded leaders to share experiences and develop an ongoing peer-to-peer support network.
Who Should Attend
- A CEO/founder of a for-profit company or for-profit social enterprise who wants to grow and scale their companies, thereby creating jobs, products, or services that benefit those living in poverty.
- From a company with annual revenue between US $150,000 and US $15 million that is based in Botswana, South Africa, or Namibia.
27 Jan 2019 – 01 Dec 2019
Full-time during on-site sessions
The program schedule is subject to change.
27 Jan 2019 – 01 Feb 2019
Session 1 | Build Your Strategy
01 Apr 2019 – 05 Apr 2019
Session 2 | Know Your Company
10 Jun 2019 – 14 Jun 2019
Session 3 | Know Your Product and Customers
19 Aug 2019 – 23 Aug 2019
Session 4 | Develop Your Plan
Sep – Dec | Transformation plan implementation, Leadership Lab meetings
DeadlineThe application is closed.
Stanford GSB Statement of Completion
Learn More About the Program
Explore our highly interactive, collaborative 12-month curriculum, including on-site sessions and in-company workshops.
Review all eligibility requirements and learn about the application process.
Hear from past participants and learn what is expected of Seed Transformation Program participants.
Location and fees are based on the country in which your company’s headquarters reside. Find out more.
Explore Related Programs
13 Jan 2019 – 26 Apr 2019
13 Mar 2019 – 03 Mar 2020
13 Mar 2019 – 03 Mar 2020