- Our Mission
- Transformation Program
- Coaches & Consultants
- Student Opportunities
- Research & Funding
Seed Transformation Program – West Africa
Gain management training and networking support in this leadership program for established business leaders in West Africa.
How can you bring Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurship to your company? What management skills are required to grow and scale? How can the success of your business help to lead your region to prosperity?
The Seed Transformation Program is the answer. Apply to this comprehensive yearlong program that includes eight months of immersive management training designed specifically for business owners in Accra, Ghana, led by Stanford GSB faculty and supported by trained local facilitators. The ultimate goal: To create and activate a detailed action plan to help you grow and scale your company.
Throughout the yearlong experience, you will work in small peer groups called Leadership Labs to share experiences, resources, ideas, and support. Participants may also apply to receive high touch coaching upon completion of the STP curriculum.
Key BenefitsDevelop the skills, tools, and mindset to grow and scale your business, create jobs, and lead your region to greater prosperity.
- Gain essential business and leadership skills, from strategy and finance to business ethics and design thinking, all taught by Stanford faculty, supplemented by local experts.
- Take advantage of a world-class curriculum from Stanford GSB and the innovative thinking that has shaped some of the most successful companies in Silicon Valley.
- Create an action plan to grow and scale your business.
- Get support from trained local facilitators to help you introduce what you’ve learned to your company and promote buy-in.
- Develop relationships with like-minded leaders to share experiences and develop an ongoing peer-to-peer support network.
Who Should Attend
- Founders and senior leaders of for-profit companies who want to grow and scale their companies, thereby creating jobs, products, or services that benefit those living in poverty.
- Senior leaders of companies, across all industries, that have an annual revenue between US $150,000 and US $15 million and that are headquartered, legally registered, and currently operating within West Africa.
01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018
In-person|Accra, Ghana and other West Africa cities
Full-time during on-site sessions
The program schedule is subject to change.
21 Jan 2018 – 27 Jan 2018
Session 1 | Build Your Strategy
19 Mar 2018 – 23 Mar 2018
Session 2 | Know Your Company
04 Jun 2018 – 08 Jun 2018
Session 3 | Know Your Product and Customers
27 Aug 2018 – 31 Aug 2018
Session 4 | Develop Your Plan
Sep – Dec | Transformation plan implementation, Leadership Lab meetings
30 Jun 2017
Fee includes value-added tax.
Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and most dinners will be provided during the program. Lodging and transportation are not included.
Stanford GSB Statement of Completion
Seed Transformation Program
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Hear from leaders filled with passion and purpose — equally committed to growing their businesses and improving their communities and the world.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our highly interactive, collaborative 12-month curriculum, including on-site sessions and in-company workshops.
Review all eligibility requirements and learn about the application process.
Hear from past participants and learn what is expected of Seed Transformation Program participants.
The Robert A. and Elizabeth R. Jeffe Professor and Professor of Organizational Behavior
- Co-Director, Executive Program in Strategy and Organization
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – East Africa
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – India
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – West Africa
Explore Related Programs
01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018
In-person|Nairobi, Kenya and other East African cities
13 Sep 2017 – 22 Aug 2018
14 Jan 2018 – 27 Apr 2018