Whether you have a limited financial background or are seeking to update and refresh your finance knowledge, this optional online and on-campus content provides an excellent, essential foundation in finance and accounting from a boardlevel perspective.
By design, corporate board directors usually come from a diverse range of business backgrounds. But since finance and accounting considerations drive most board decisions, the most effective directors have a strong command of the basic principles of these disciplines, regardless of their areas of expertise.
An online and on-campus session offer a solid grounding in the theory and principles of finance and its implications for corporate governance and board decision making. Two more on-campus sessions are focused on accounting basics, examining the elements and terminology of financial reporting and the various financial statements that describe firm performance, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
To become an informed, strategic user of financial data and have a greater impact on your board’s effectiveness, be sure to register for this optional content when you apply for the Directors’ Consortium.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the basics of finance and accounting for more informed board decision making
- Understand the theoretical and practical principles of accounting and finance as they apply to corporate governance
- Enhance your Directors’ Consortium experience with a solid grounding in finance and accounting fundamentals in advance of the program
Who Should Attend
- Board members who are unfamiliar with basic accounting principles
- Board members who want to update and refresh their financial knowledge