Learn leading-edge strategies, frameworks, and best practices for making complex and crucial board decisions in uncertain times.
Live Online Program
This live online program is a unique academic partnership between Stanford GSB and Stanford Law School. Experience world-class faculty, cutting-edge research, innovative ideas, and an interactive approach to learning — all optimized for a virtual environment. Engage directly with faculty through real-time lectures, Q&A, and office hours. Immediately apply new learnings in the context of your work. And, connect and collaborate with other board members through group projects.
Big data, shareholder activism, cybersecurity, financial literacy, liability risk: The list of issues and responsibilities for board members is ever-increasing and ever-changing. Drawing on cutting-edge research, current governance issues, emerging topics, and practical knowledge, Directors’ Consortium live online goes beyond compliance to explore how directors can best represent shareholders and other stakeholders.
You’ll learn about financial reporting, compensation, fiduciary duties, CEO succession, and more. You’ll develop a greater understanding of a board’s oversight and advisory roles. And you’ll examine real-world scenarios and formulate action plans with a set of people who confront similar problems.
We are limiting the number of participants to allow for more meaningful connections with professors and participants.
Key BenefitsUnderstand your fiduciary, legal, and ethical oversight responsibilities, and develop strategies to best represent shareholders and stakeholders.
- Benchmark against best practices in corporate governance.
- Evaluate the role of the board in strategy development, evaluation, and evolution.
- Develop frameworks for prudent legal strategies to navigate litigious environments.
- Formulate strategies for managing CEO succession and evaluating executive compensation.
Who Should Attend
- Current board members of public companies
- Board members of companies that may be taken public in the near future will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Board members of foreign corporations that are or may be listed on U.S. exchanges
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Application is not yet available
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Whether you have a limited financial background or are seeking to update and refresh your finance knowledge, this optional online and on-campus content provides an excellent, essential foundation in finance and accounting from a boardlevel perspective.
Certificate of completion
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution
- Co-Director, Directors’ Consortium
- Co-Director, The Emerging CFO: Strategic Financial Leadership Program