Learn leading-edge strategies, frameworks, and best practices for making complex and crucial board decisions in uncertain times.
Big data, shareholder activism, social media, financial literacy, liability risk: The list of issues and responsibilities for board members is ever-increasing and ever-changing. Drawing on cutting-edge research, current governance issues, emerging topics, and practical knowledge, Directors’ Consortium goes beyond compliance to explore how directors can best represent shareholders and other stakeholders.
You’ll learn about financial reporting, compensation, fiduciary duties, CEO succession, and more. You’ll develop a greater understanding of a board’s oversight and advisory roles. And you’ll examine real-world scenarios and formulate action plans with a set of people who confront similar problems.
Key BenefitsUnderstand your fiduciary, legal, and ethical oversight responsibilities, and develop strategies to best represent shareholders and stakeholders.
- Benchmark against best practices in corporate governance.
- Evaluate the role of the board in strategy development, evaluation, and evolution.
- Develop frameworks for prudent legal strategies to navigate litigious environments.
- Formulate strategies for managing CEO succession and evaluating executive compensation.
Who Should Attend
- Current board members of public companies
- Board members of companies that may be taken public in the near future
- Board members of foreign corporations that are or may be listed on U.S. exchanges
15 Mar 2020 – 20 Mar 2020
Application is not yet available
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, course materials, and meals.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Learn how this unique academic collaboration addresses corporate governance fundamentals and the emerging topics that directors confront in their jobs.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution
- Co-Director, Directors’ Consortium
- Director, The Emerging CFO: Strategic Financial Leadership Program
Explore Related Programs
20 Oct 2019 – 25 Oct 2019
19 Jul 2020 – 24 Jul 2020
18 Aug 2019 – 23 Aug 2019