- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Finance and Accounting for the Nonfinancial Executive
Learn how to make better financial management decisions to increase the value of your company in the marketplace.
Balance sheets and income statements. Cash flow and financial management. Many executives rise to positions of great responsibility with less knowledge of these finance and accounting basics than they’d like to have. Finance and Accounting for the Nonfinancial Executive will demystify the data, clarify key concepts, and teach you important frameworks and fundamentals.
This highly focused curriculum taught by Stanford GSB faculty will help you identify trends, make performance comparisons with competitors, and practice financial forecasting.
You’ll explore how much debt a company should accept, the appropriate analysis for better investment decisions, the measurement of the cost of capital, and the payment of cash dividends to investors.
Key BenefitsBecome a well-informed strategic user of fundamental accounting and financial principles, and engage effectively with financial stakeholders.
- Understand the core concepts, terms, and techniques of finance and accounting.
- Utilize financial concepts to make better-informed decisions and become a greater asset to your company.
- Communicate more effectively with the key sources of financing: bankers, other lenders, and investors.
- Gain a broad overview of the financial marketplace and the role a company plays within it.
Who Should Attend
- Mid- to senior-level executives in general management, corporate planning, marketing and sales, or other functional areas — from any size company, any industry, and any country
- Anyone in a top-level position who isn’t completely comfortable with reading financial statements and other financial information, and making financially based decisions
2019 Program|20 Oct 2019 – 25 Oct 2019
06 Sep 2019
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Learn how this program can give you the competence and confidence to tell the story of your company from a finance and accounting perspective.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
- Co-Director, Executive Leadership Development: Analysis to Action
- Co-Director, Finance and Accounting for the Nonfinancial Executive
Explore Related Programs
21 Jul 2019 – 26 Jul 2019
26 Mar 2019 – 29 Mar 2019
23 Feb 2020 – 01 May 2020