Mergers and Acquisitions
Tackle the entire M&A process through an interdisciplinary curriculum and a hands-on, weeklong team simulation project.
Through a dynamic mix of lectures, case studies, class discussions, hands-on learning, and visits from guest speakers, this program provides critical insights and powerful tools for the successful formulation and execution of an M&A strategy — one that creates true value for your organization. At the end of each day, you’ll put classroom learning into action, applying key concepts to a simulated merger deal.
By combining the expertise of Stanford’s strategy, finance, accounting, and organizational behavior faculty, Mergers and Acquisitions offers an interdisciplinary overview of the major elements of M&A transactions.
You will examine all of the key aspects of a merger: target selection, alternative valuation and pricing models, deal design, negotiation strategies, accounting and tax planning, and post-merger integration planning and execution. And you will cover these essential concepts in a sequential order that simulates the M&A process.
Key BenefitsLearn the strategic, financial, legal, organizational, and cultural factors to consider in order to execute a successful merger or acquisition.
- Increase your awareness of the common pitfalls of failed M&As.
- Develop the critical competencies needed for successful post-merger integration and performance.
- Refresh your basic finance and accounting skills with optional tutorials.
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level executives and entrepreneurs with at least 10 years of management experience whose businesses are potential acquirers or targets for acquisition by other companies
- Examples of appropriate functions and titles: business development, corporate development, finance, chief executive officer, general manager, strategic planner, and banker
- Previous M&A experience not required
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Application is not yet available
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
This program offers optional tutorials to refresh basic finance and accounting skills.
19 Jul 2020
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Ron Kasznik, and learn about this interdisciplinary M&A program.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
07 Nov 2021 – 12 Nov 2021
26 Jul 2021 – 20 Aug 2021
03 Oct 2021 – 08 Oct 2021