- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Innovative Marketing for Strategic Advantage
Drive marketing innovation with an in-depth understanding of customer behavior and develop strategic plans to put learning into action.
What can neuroscience and customer psychology teach us about marketing strategy? Where can you identify and nurture marketing innovation in your organization? How can you guide customers through the clutter to embrace your product or service? Today’s marketing landscape is more crowded, complicated, and competitive than ever before. So, your marketing needs to be laser sharp and customer driven. The Innovative Marketing for Strategic Advantage program (formerly Strategic Marketing Management) helps you formulate innovative strategies and action plans that put your customer first and your company in the lead.
In this two-week, experiential, and interdisciplinary marketing program you will have a hands-on, deep dive into everything from customer mindsets and e-commerce competition to data analytics and design thinking methodologies that reveal the impact of emotions and context on customers. The curriculum goes far beyond a typical MBA marketing course, exploring both the business and user case for making key marketing decisions. And with two full weeks on campus, you’ll have a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in learning, reflecting on challenges and re-imagining solutions for transforming your marketing — within a division or across an entire organization. Most importantly, you’ll have the time to connect with faculty and develop meaningful relationships with like-minded peers.
Drawing on the Silicon Valley spirit of creative thinking and problem finding, Innovative Marketing for Strategic Advantage includes a full-day field project where you’ll interact with customers and work as a team to solve a real-world marketing challenge. At the end of each day, you’ll also meet with faculty and peers to “connect the dots” and explore how new learnings can translate into specific action.
Key BenefitsDiscover, develop, and drive customer-centric marketing strategies in your organization.
- Understand how customer psychology and design thinking methodologies can influence and improve your marketing efforts.
- Explore the possibilities and limitations of how technology can inform customer behavior.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field and on a real-world marketing challenge.
- Learn how data analytics can uncover customer insights and shape strategy.
- Immerse yourself in Silicon Valley innovation, companies, and ideas.
- Build a strong network of peers with whom you can share ideas and experiences.
Who Should Attend
- Global marketing and business leaders who are motivated to learn, inspired to innovate, and wanting to influence change in their organizations
- Senior-level executives — from any size company, any industry, and any country — with at least eight years of management experience, looking for creative and original approaches to marketing
04 Aug 2019 – 16 Aug 2019
21 Jun 2019
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty co-directors Baba Shiv and Jonathan Levav, and hear how this program provides a comprehensive, experiential, and customer-centric approach to formulating innovative strategies and game plans for leadership in the marketplace.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
- Co-Director, Innovative Marketing for Strategic Advantage
- Director, The Innovative Technology Leader
- Director, Stanford Go-to-Market – Mexico City
Explore Related Programs
26 Mar 2019 – 29 Mar 2019
09 Jul 2019 – 12 Jul 2019
10 Sep 2019 – 13 Sep 2019