Charles A. O’Reilly
The Frank E. Buck Professor of Management
Additional Administrative Titles
He has taught at UC Berkeley, UCLA, Columbia, and the Harvard Business School. He has published over 100 papers and six books. Several of his papers have won awards (e.g, The Administrative Science Quarterly Scholarly Contribution Award in 1995 and 1998; The California Management Review Best Paper Award in 1996, 2009, 2019, and 2020).
He has been given the Distinguished Scholar Award by the Academy of Management and the Organizational Behavior Division Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010. In 2001 he was given the Distinguished Teaching Award for MBA teaching at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
He has consulted for a variety of public and private firms in the U.S., Europe, Africa, and Asia. He also has developed, directed, and taught in executive programs for senior managers in innovation, technology, leadership, change, and human resources.
- PhD in Organizational Behavior, University of California, Berkeley, 1975
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley, 1971
- BS in Chemistry, University of Texas El Paso, 1965
- At Stanford University since 1993
- Professor, University of California, Berkeley, 1980–1992
- Assistant Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, 1976–1980
Awards and Honors
- ASQ Scholarly Contribution Award 1995, 1998
- California Management Review Best Paper Award, 1996, 2009, 2019, 2020
- Academy of Management Distinguished Scholar Award, 2010
- Organizational Behavior Division Lifetime Achievement Award, 2010
- Journal of Organizational Behavior Best Paper Award, 2011
Executive Education & Other Non-Degree Programs
Stanford Case Studies
Service to the Profession
- American Psychological Society
- American Psychological Association
- Academy of Management