- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Leading Change and Organizational Renewal
Leverage diverse research, proven methodologies, and design thinking for change management in this collaboration between Stanford and Harvard.
Leading Change and Organizational Renewal, led by Stanford GSB’s Charles O’Reilly and Harvard Business School’s Michael Tushman, is packed with thought-provoking curriculum, business-challenge work groups, and a focus on innovation. Offered once per year at each Harvard and Stanford, you’ll learn how to overcome the inertial forces that plague big organizations, and design an ambidextrous organization that can generate streams of innovation.
You’ll put design thinking tools and techniques into action at the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design, also known as the d.school. And you’ll leave with an action plan and a toolkit to help you implement real change and empower others in your organization to do the same.
Key BenefitsLearn a systematic methodology for dissecting challenges, and develop tools for promoting innovation and strategic change across your organization.
- Identify and overcome barriers to change.
- Analyze and design a comprehensive strategy for promoting innovation and change throughout your organization.
- Develop models and frameworks for meeting today’s business-performance challenges while innovating for the future.
- Apply the program’s insights to your organization’s specific short- and long-term business challenges through facilitated business-challenge work groups.
- Share lessons from the classroom and work groups with a take-home toolkit, including faculty video cases, slides, and workbooks.
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level executives with at least 10 to 15 years of management experience who work in larger organizations, including governmental, nongovernmental, and nonprofit organizations
- Small teams of up to 10 individuals from one company are guaranteed to work on a business challenge with a dedicated coach
At Stanford|29 Oct 2017 – 03 Nov 2017
29 Sep 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Learn how we are helping managers around the world to think systematically and successfully manage change in their organizations.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Frank E. Buck Professor of Management
- Co-Director, Leading Change and Organizational Renewal
Paul R. Lawrence MBA Class of 1942 Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
Explore Related Programs
13 Aug 2017 – 18 Aug 2017
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
01 Oct 2017 – 06 Oct 2017