The conference will focus on the emerging practice of global corporations to disclose their current and/or intended future greenhouse gas emissions.
About the Sustainability Research Conference Series
The Stanford Initiative on Business and Environmental Sustainability Research Conference Series is hosted by Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability.
December 14–15, 2022
Stanford University campus
Some observers have heralded the emergence of these disclosures as a potentially significant development in the effort to limit the damaging effects of climate change. At the same time, critics have dismissed this increasingly common practice as another form of greenwashing.
The conference organizers seek to assemble a cross-section of academics, industry representatives, and policy makers to examine these questions. Specific topics fitting the overall conference theme include:
- Corporate Carbon Accounting
- Carbon Reporting
- Net-Zero Pledges
- Capital Market Reactions to Corporate Carbon Disclosures
- Mandatory vs. Voluntary Carbon Reporting
- Offsets and Voluntary Carbon Markets
Conference attendance is by invitation only.
Important COVID-19 Restrictions
- By registering for this event/conference, you agree to follow all Stanford University, Santa Clara County, and California State COVID-19 guidelines. Future public health restrictions may necessitate the postponement of the event/conference.
- View the latest COVID-19 criteria for visitors and additional requirements for international travelers, if applicable.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of upper respiratory illness, please refrain from attending the event.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within ten days of your attendance at the event, please fill out this General COVID-19 Case Reporting Form.