Is an ACT Springboard Session or a consulting project right for your organization? To best leverage ACT volunteer efforts, a nonprofit organization needs to reach an appropriate stage of development and size.
Before applying to work with ACT, please review ACT’s eligibility criteria. ACT will only consider applications from organizations meeting these criteria:
- 501(c)(3) status or operates in the public sector
- Full-time, paid executive director
- Minimum annual budget of $250,000
- Based in the SF Bay Area OR anywhere in the US if work focuses on advancing racial equity or clients are primarily Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPoC)
Additional Criteria for Consulting Projects
ACT does not work with organizations that require our volunteers to sign nondisclosure agreements. ACT does, however, require its consultants to sign its own volunteer agreement, which addresses expectations around client confidentiality and conflict of interest.
To help ensure the success of ACT’s engagements, we look for organizations with:
- Not undergoing a leadership transition
- Has resources to implement change
Organizational Readiness and Commitment to the Project
- Provides senior staff and key board members’ time and attention
- Is flexible to meet with consulting team after work hours
- Willing to provide post-project and one-year follow up feedback
- Consulting request addresses a high-priority strategic challenge facing the organization