The Stanford Alumni Consulting Team (ACT) offers two-hour online “Springboard Sessions” in which Stanford Graduate School of Business alumni generate ideas to help nonprofits and civic entities with a specific strategic question or business challenge. Each virtual brainstorming session brings together four to six GSB alumni volunteers who apply their diverse business backgrounds to help your organization solve a specific problem.
To qualify for participation in an ACT virtual springboard session, your organization should present a single, well-defined question related to a specific challenge, a new idea, or a set of related issues. The question should not require additional context beyond what is outlined in the application form for GSB alumni to provide valuable feedback.
We are now accepting applications for 2024 Springboard Sessions. Please review our client criteria below and APPLY HERE.
Example Topics for Strategic Questions
- Are my growth targets appropriate for my organization?
- What key questions should we consider as we head into strategic planning?
- Can you help me articulate my unique value proposition?
- Can you provide feedback on my organization’s pitch?
- How can we best engage a new target audience in our work?
Client Criteria & Requirements
- Your organization must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or a civic entity. See additional client eligibility.
- Selected nonprofits must:
- Commit one to two top organizational leaders to participate (e.g. executive director, CEO, board member)
- Provide brief background materials in advance to prepare ACT volunteers for focused brainstorming on your chosen strategic question.
- Participate in a 15–20 minute introductory conversation with your ACT brainstorm facilitator prior to the session.
- Share feedback following the session about the value of the brainstorm experience to your organization.