ACT helps Bay Area nonprofits address their most pressing management challenges.
You are hereCompanies, Organizations & Recruiters › Leverage Stanford GSB Expertise › Alumni Consulting Team for Nonprofits › Services
Project teams range in size from a single consultant to as many as eight, depending on the complexity and nature of the issue. Nonprofit clients have ACT address questions like these:
Strategy and Planning
- How do we align our long-range strategy with our financial resources? (American Conservatory Theater)
- Is our new social venture opportunity in line with our mission and goal of achieving financial independence? (Street Tech)
- What are the implications of creating a fee-for-service income program? (Urban Ecology)
- Does our marketing plan effectively build on volunteer participation and contacts?
- How can we broaden our membership base?
- How does the environment in which we operate shape our strategic priorities and positioning? (Girls Middle School)
- What are the financial implications of expanding to a second location?
- How can we develop a business model to help us fund our educational programs?
- How can we lower costs and raise revenue to support sustainable operations? (Career Closet)
- Can we reduce dependence on grants and contributions with earned revenue while staying true to our mission?
- How can we judge which opportunities are best for us?
- What are the best ways for us to reduce our budget deficits?
- How do we decide whether a program that didn’t meet our financial targets can be improved or should be canceled? (Crystal Springs Uplands School)
- How can we improve and streamline our operations and strengthen our infrastructure? (Career Closet)
- How can we best utilize technology to connect our members and share best practices?
- How can we best grow our organization and adapt our structure to support a multiproduct organization? (TRUSTe)
- How do we expand our mission and reach while staying true to our core values?
- How should we expand our successful program to new sites? (Business United in Investing, Lending and Developing)
- What are the different models for geographic expansion and which is the best option for our organization? (Resources Area for Teachers)
- What should be our strategy for expansion, including organizational structure, milestones, and potential partnerships? (Upwardly Global)