Mail a Check
Send check (payable to Stanford University) to:
Stanford University Gift Processing
P. O. Box 20466
Stanford, CA 94309
Select “Recurring Gift” in the “Type of Gift” drop-down menu on the first page of the giving form. Be sure to select Stanford Graduate School of Business in the first drop-down menu.
To transfer funds via wire transfer either domestically or internationally, you will need to provide your bank with Stanford’s bank account information. Follow the steps below to ensure accurate processing.
- Contact the Office of Development at +1 (866) 543-0243 (toll-free; United States only) or +1 (650) 724-0627 for Stanford’s bank account information.
- Ask your bank to include your name and to indicate that your allocation is for Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- Notify us indicating when we may expect the wire and the dollar amount.
To make a gift of securities, simply follow these steps:
- For your securities gift to count for this fiscal year, check with your broker as early as possible for their deadline to initiate transfers. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by August 30 to be acknowledged in the fiscal year honor roll.
- For your securities gift to count for this calendar year, check with your broker as early as possible for their deadline to initiate transfers. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by close of business on December 3 to count for that tax year. Initiate the transfer of your stock or mutual fund gifts for calendar year end before December 9 for mutual fund gifts, and December 16 for stock gifts.
- Make a gift online to notify Stanford University of your gift plans. Call +1 (650) 721-1917 with questions.
- Initiate the transfer with your broker and fax a copy of your letter of instructions to Stanford at + 1 (650) 721-2417, email a copy to Stock Gifts. Our mailing address is Gift Securities, P.O. Box 50810, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
- For more information, please see instructions for appreciated securities transfer.
A gift of appreciated securities can be a highly effective way to support Stanford GSB. Appreciated securities held more than 12 months offer extra tax advantages, such as a charitable income tax deduction (if you itemize your taxes) and avoidance of capital gains tax (since you may claim a tax deduction for the market value rather than the purchase price for long-term stock).
Many alumni have established charitable gift funds, either personally or through community or professional foundations. Charitable gift funds provide donors a convenient way to participate in annual giving.
The federal tax identification number for Stanford University is 94-1156365.
Many employers give generously to nonprofit educational institutions by matching employees’ annual charitable contributions.
Find out if your company matches gifts to Stanford GSB by visiting the Stanford University matching gift company directory.