An online gift or pledge is quick, easy, and secure.
Mail a Check
Send check (payable to Stanford University) to:
Stanford University Gift Processing
P. O. Box 20466
Stanford, CA 94309
Select “Recurring Gift” in the “Type of Gift” drop-down menu on the first page of the giving form. Be sure to select Stanford Graduate School of Business in the first drop-down menu.
Download and return a copy of the form to address above.
To transfer funds via wire transfer either domestically or internationally, you will need to provide your bank with Stanford’s bank account information. Follow the steps below to ensure accurate processing.
- Contact the Office of Development at +1 (650) 723-3356 for Stanford’s bank account information.
- Ask your bank to include your name and to indicate that your allocation is for Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- Notify us indicating when we may expect the wire and the dollar amount.
- See here for more information on how to make a gift by wire transfer.
To make a gift of securities, simply follow these steps:
- For your securities gift to count for this calendar year, check with your broker as early as possible for their deadline to initiate transfers. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by August 30 to be acknowledged in the fiscal year honor roll. Gifts must be received by Stanford’s broker or bank by close of business on December 30 to count for that tax year. Initiate the transfer of your stock or mutual fund gifts for calendar year end before December 9 for mutual fund gifts, and December 16 for stock gifts.
- Make a gift online to notify Stanford University of your gift plans. Call Stanford Management Company at +1 (650) 721-1917 with questions.
- Initiate the transfer with your broker and fax a copy of your letter of instructions to Stanford Management Company at + 1 (650) 721-2417, email a copy to Stock Gifts. Our mailing address is SMC - Gift Securities, P.O. Box 50810, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
A gift of appreciated securities can be a highly effective way to support Stanford GSB. Appreciated securities held more than 12 months offer extra tax advantages, such as a charitable income tax deduction (if you itemize your taxes) and avoidance of capital gains tax (since you may claim a tax deduction for the market value rather than the purchase price for long-term stock).
As the Stanford GSB’s influence continues to grow around the globe and our alumni increasingly move outside U.S. borders, overseas support is becoming more critical to our success.
Many alumni have established charitable gift funds, either personally or through community or professional foundations. Charitable gift funds provide donors a convenient way to participate in annual giving. The federal tax identification number for Stanford University is 94-1156365.