The Stanford Women on Boards Initiative (SWB) is committed to increasing the representation of Stanford alumnae on corporate and fiduciary boards, increasing Stanford women’s readiness for board service; and further developing the capabilities and influence of Stanford women already on boards.
Founded in 2009 SWB:
- Promotes programs that provide opportunities for professional networking connections and educational enhancement, within and outside of Stanford
- Provides a community forum for Stanford women on boards and prospective board candidates
- Offers guidance to women seeking to enhance their qualifications for board service
- Provides access to highlights on the latest corporate governance research from the Corporate Governance Research Initiative and keeps members apprised of educational events on private and public board service provided by the Stanford Rock Center for Corporate Governance
- Collaborates with students on career paths to board service
SWB Membership Criteria
If you are a Stanford alumna with board experience (corporate, public sector, or non-profit), then you qualify for membership in Stanford Women on Boards. Request to join our private online community by emailing your name, Stanford degree and class year, and a list of current or past board service to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to our members-only LinkedIn group for networking, member news, and updates
- Complimentary access to board registries and resources
- Inclusion in searches for open board positions
- Professional networking and educational events
- Updates on the latest board diversity trends, news, and research
Find a Director Candidate
If you are with a search firm or an organization with an open board seat, please share your opportunity with us. We will post the opportunity on our LinkedIn group (anonymously if you wish), and would be happy to work with you to provide you with the board resumes of qualified candidates within our network. Please contact Jen McClure or Deepti Jaggi.
SWB strives to be a valuable resource to search consultants and nominating committees. We will help identify highly qualified Stanford alumnae candidates for your open board seat, but do not attempt to make placements or to provide other search services. There is no fee for our referrals.