|Deadline||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|Submit your application by1||19 Sep 2017||10 Jan 2018||04 Apr 2018|
|We will notify you2||14 Dec 2017||29 Mar 2018||Mid-May 2018|
|Your reply and deposit are due by||TBD||TBD||TBD|
110:00 am Pacific Time, including your letters of reference and application fee payment. We cannot guarantee that we will review information sent to the MBA Admissions Office after the deadline of the round in which you apply.
2See “Decision Notification” section below.
Selecting an Application Round
You may apply in any one of the three application rounds each year. You may apply only once per application year.
If you plan to apply in round one or two, we strongly encourage you to apply in round one. Over the last few years, the number of applications we receive in round two has increased, making it more competitive.
Do not rush your application, but there are some advantages to applying in either the first or second round, including:
- The ability to receive a need-based financial aid award from the Financial Aid Office prior to the date by which you must respond to your offer of admission.
- Ample time to complete recommended quantitative and/or English language coursework prior to arrival on campus.
- Access to the on-campus housing lottery and/or housing at Stanford GSB Residences, Highland Hall and Schwab Residential Center.
- Sufficient time to complete the visa application process (international students).
- The opportunity to attend Admit Weekend (there is no Admit Weekend for Round 3).
If you want to use one application to apply for both the MBA and MSx Programs, you must apply in Round 1 or 2. You may apply in Round 3 to both programs, but you would need to complete two separate applications.
We will post your decision to your account on the notification date above for the round in which you applied. We will send an email to the address used to create your application profile to notify you when your decision is available.
We do not accommodate requests for an early decision, or for decision information to be provided via phone or in person.
If you are offered admission, you will be expected to enroll in the MBA or dual/joint-degree program in the year for which you are admitted. We do not allow you to defer admission to a later year. Instead, we ask you to reapply.
Only under rare and extraordinary circumstances (e.g., compulsory military service) will we consider exceptions to this policy.