The dean and other senior leaders provide updates to the community.
You are hereThe Stanford GSB Experience › About Us › The Leadership › Updates from Stanford GSB Leadership
Updates from Stanford GSB Leadership
Recent Updates: August – December 2020
- November 22, 2020WrittenExecutive Challenge took place virtually. Celebrating vaccine results and President-elect Joe Biden. Stay safe on Thanksgiving.
- November 4, 2020Written“The spirit and legacy of the GSB is one of action: building relationships, creating innovative solutions, leadership that spans business and civic life. The country needs this more than ever.”
- November 1, 2020WrittenBrief perspective from the dean on the eve of the election.
- October 30, 2020WrittenFall quarter updates: MBA class of 2020; campus health; new programs and courses; new class in Race and Power; Rising Scholars conference; Nobel prize.
- October 18, 2020WrittenUpdate on Bob Wilson and Paul Milgrom; other Stanford GSB nobel laureates; auction theory: "Stanford School" of economics.
- September 20, 2020WrittenFirst Lecture series for returning MBA students; upcoming elections: getting involved, voting, civil discourse; Stanford LEAD; Stanford China Economic Forum; Ruth Bader Ginsburg's passing.
- September 13, 2020WrittenPriorities for the new year: health & safety, educational experience, Action Plan for Racial Equity, Beyond COVID Task Force. School updates: Santa Clara county, Stanford Rebuild, Democracy Matters webinar series.
- September 06, 2020WrittenWelcoming new MBA and PhD students; Botha-Chan Innovation Internship Program; Rising Scholars Conference to promote the work of diverse PhD and postdoctoral students; Policies for reopening; Stanford's COVID-19 testing program.
- August 16, 2020WrittenUpdate on Fall Quarter: grad students on campus; academic calendar; classes; testing; travel; faculty and staff on campus; public health guidelines.
Updates: June – July 2020
- July 29, 2020WrittenInformation on how the GSB is responding to the substantial financial impact of Covid-19
- July 26, 2020WrittenJon Levin and Sarah Soule introduce our plan to increase representation, build greater inclusion, drive positive change beyond Stanford GSB, and ensure accountability.
- July 14, 2020Written“We at the GSB continue to stand firm in our commitment to our international students, supporting their efforts to secure student visas and join us on campus.”
- July 12, 2020WrittenLocal reopening and updated social distancing rules; international students; autumn quarter task force.
- July 08, 2020Written“The new Department of Homeland Security rules for international students are beyond disappointing.”
- June 22, 2020Written“This order is both disappointing and shortsighted.”
- June 19, 2020Written“An important part of this process will be thinking about how Stanford GSB can contribute to racial justice beyond our campus and across the country.”
- June 7, 2020Written“As with many individuals and institutions, we at Stanford GSB strive to be inclusive and welcoming. Yet, at this time it’s clear that we can and must do better.”
Updates: March – May 2020
- May 29, 2020Written“We can take this as a call to action in our own community.”
- May 24, 2020Written“In recent months, we have had to rethink many of the things we do at Stanford GSB. The change has required enormous flexibility on the part of students, faculty, and staff, and has left us dearly missing aspects of normal life. At the same, it has inspired a great deal of innovation.”
- May 10, 2020WrittenMid-term reflections on virtual learning, as well as updates on the MBA/MSx job market, fall quarter planning, and more.
- April 26, 2020WrittenCampus updates, initial plans for fall quarter, and reflections on Don Kennedy, the former President of Stanford, who passed away after contracting Covid
- April 12, 2020WrittenPerspective on connecting with loved ones at a distance; efforts of Stanford physicians to care for Covid-19 patients; and work being done by Stanford faculty, students, staff, and alumni to help their communities
- April 5, 2020WrittenReflections on the kindness of others, the start of Spring quarter, and future plans for Stanford GSB
- April 2, 2020WrittenActions taken by the school and university; student and faculty innovation and adaptability; alumni impact
- March 29, 2020WrittenReflections on the economic impact of the pandemic, the efforts to protect and save lives, and how the Stanford GSB community continues to think and act beyond itself
- March 22, 2020WrittenReflections on the resilience and creativity of the Stanford GSB community
- March 15, 2020WrittenCompleting winter quarter, spring quarter update, facilities information, and work arrangements
- March 9, 2020WrittenTeaching and academics for winter quarter, campus facilities and activities, work arrangements, travel and spring break, spring quarter
- March 5, 2019WrittenProgram cancellations, travel, campus arrangements
October 8, 2019
With new data, pilot programs, and lots of listening, Stanford GSB will build on existing efforts to promote a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
May 1, 2018
Stanford GSB faculty are taking advantage of two massive changes in the science of how we behave, Dean Levin explains.
February 27, 2018
“Effective leaders in the digital age will need to be mindful of the social consequences of technology.”
December 15, 2017
Stanford GSB and its culture of collaboration and innovation are strengthened by the investments we make in personal and professional relationships.
August 22, 2017
Dean Jonathan Levin shares his reflections with the Stanford GSB campus community following the recent violent events in Charlottesville, Virginia.
August 7, 2017
Two new committees study long-range shifts in faculty research and management education.