If you’re excited about gaining work experience with a company in an emerging market, you’ve come to the right place.
2022 COVID-19 Program Update
Per current Stanford travel policy, graduate students are permitted to travel to all Seed internship locations this summer. For undergraduates, travel is now permitted in South Africa, Botswana, and Senegal, and approval is expected for Ghana, India and Kenya (pending formal University approval in April). Where travel is not permitted, internships will otherwise take place 100 percent remotely.
The following Stanford University students are eligible to apply (all majors are accepted):
- All current and graduating Stanford GSB students, including MBA1, MBA2, MSx, and PhD students
- Current and graduating undergraduate sophomores, juniors, graduating seniors (freshman are not eligible to apply)
- Full-time, degree seeking graduate students from other Stanford schools
- Approximately 40 hours per week time commitment over a maximum 10 week period
- Internships occur between June and September 2022, as mutually agreed between student and company
- Periodically throughout the internship, Seed staff will check in with students and company supervisors to monitor project progress and impact
- Prior to the internship, Seed will provide guidelines, best practices, and orientation to students and companies to help facilitate a successful internship
Undergraduate Student Stipend
The undergraduate stipend rate is competitive with other Stanford-sponsored undergraduate summer internship programs of a similar length. Students who qualify for financial aid may receive additional funding (see financial aid section below). Below are the rates for 2022:
|Length of Internship||8 Weeks||9 Weeks||10 Weeks|
$5,000 + housing provided by Seed, if in-country
|$5,500 + housing provided by Seed, if in-country||$6,000 + housing provided by Seed, if in-country|
Additional financial aid will be paid to undergraduate students who qualify, based on demonstrated need as determined by the financial aid office. Below are the rates for 2022:
- Tier 1: $1,500 additional stipend (maximum)
- Tier 2: $1,250 additional stipend
- Tier 3: $1,000 additional stipend
Seed will provide a stipend combined with funding from your host company to yield a total weekly income target of $1,700. Internship duration is flexible; GSB student internships will vary between 4 and 10 weeks in length (view full details here).
Graduate Students (Non GSB)
The stipend rate for graduate students outside of the Graduate School of Business is competitive with other opportunities. The length of graduate student internships can be 8–10 weeks in duration.
|Type of Internship||Stipend Rate|
|Remote||$1,375/week, housing not provided by Seed|
|In-person||$1,200/week, housing provided by Seed|
The application is now open. Admissions are rolling (first come, first served), with the following application deadlines:
- Undergraduate Students: *April 8, 2022 (deadline extended)
- Graduate Students: April 8, 2022 (rolling)
- GSB Students: May 12, 2022 for 7-10 week internship applications; June 17 for 4-6 week internship applications (rolling)