If you’re excited about gaining work experience with a company in an emerging market, you’ve come to the right place.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Seed internships will be fully remote in 2021.
The following Stanford University students are eligible to apply (all majors are accepted):
- All current and graduating Stanford GSB students, including MBA1, MBA2, MSx, and PhD students
- Current and graduating undergraduate sophomores, juniors, graduating seniors (freshman are not eligible to apply)
- Full-time, degree seeking graduate students from other Stanford schools
- Approximately 40 hours per week time commitment over a maximum 10 week period
- Internships occur between June and September 2021, as mutually agreed between student and company
- Periodically throughout the internship, Seed staff will check in with students and company supervisors to monitor project progress and impact
- Prior to the internship, Seed will provide guidelines and best practices to students and companies to help facilitate a successful remote working arrangement
Undergraduate Student Stipend
The undergraduate stipend rate is competitive with other Stanford-sponsored undergraduate summer internship programs of a similar length. Students who qualify for financial aid, may receive an additional $500 to $1,000.
|Length of Internship||8 Weeks||9 Weeks||10 Weeks|
Graduate Student Stipend
The graduate student stipend rate is competitive with other opportunities available to Stanford graduate students, including Stanford GSB students.
|Type of Student||Length of Internship||Stipend Rate|
|Stanford GSB Students||4–10 weeks||$1375/week|
|Other Stanford Graduate Students||8–10 weeks||$1375/week|
The application window opened for all students on Feb. 15, 2021. However, the application deadline varies for undergraduate and graduate students, including Stanford GSB.
|Type of Student||Application Deadline||Placement Deadline|
|Undergraduate Students||05 Mar 2021||01 Jun 2021 (rolling)|
|Graduate Students||14 May 2021||01 Jun 2021 (rolling)|
Additional financial aid will be paid to undergraduate students who qualify, based on demonstrated need as determined by the financial aid office, as follows:
- Tier 1: $1,000 additional stipend (maximum)
- Tier 2: $750 additional stipend
- Tier 3: $500 additional stipend