If you’re excited about gaining work experience with a company in an emerging market, you’ve come to the right place.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Seed internships will be fully remote in 2021.
The following Stanford University students are eligible to apply (all majors are accepted):
- All current and graduating Stanford GSB students, including MBA1, MBA2, MSx, and PhD students
- Current and graduating undergraduate sophomores, juniors, graduating seniors (freshman are not eligible to apply)
- Full-time, degree seeking graduate students from other Stanford schools
- Approximately 40 hours per week time commitment over a maximum 10 week period
- Internships occur between June and September 2021, as mutually agreed between student and company
- Periodically throughout the internship, Seed staff will check in with students and company supervisors to monitor project progress and impact
- Prior to the internship, Seed will provide guidelines and best practices to students and companies to help facilitate a successful remote working arrangement
Undergraduate Student Stipend
The undergraduate stipend rate is competitive with other Stanford-sponsored undergraduate summer internship programs of a similar length. Students who qualify for financial aid, may receive an additional $500 to $1,000.
|Length of Internship||8 Weeks||9 Weeks||10 Weeks|
Graduate Student Stipend
The graduate student stipend rate is competitive with other opportunities available to Stanford graduate students, including Stanford GSB students.
|Type of Student||Length of Internship||Stipend Rate|
|Stanford GSB Students||4–10 weeks||$1375/week|
|Other Stanford Graduate Students||8–10 weeks||$1375/week|
The application deadline is May 14, 2021 and the placement deadline is rolling until June 1, 2021.
Additional financial aid will be paid to undergraduate students who qualify, based on demonstrated need as determined by the financial aid office, as follows:
- Tier 1: $1,000 additional stipend (maximum)
- Tier 2: $750 additional stipend
- Tier 3: $500 additional stipend