Being a Seed coach involves a yearlong commitment that entails intense preparation before you go and full-time responsibilities while you are abroad.
Pre-Departure Responsibilities and Logistics
Seed will organize pre-departure and in-country training to help prepare you and maximize your potential to have a positive impact. Training will cover basic program logistics, cultural sensitivity, and how to be an effective coach.
Seed will provide logistical support for visas, vaccinations, flights, general country advice, and other information. Coaches will be responsible for personal matters, like managing assets (cars, house/properties, etc.).
The specific responsibilities of a Seed coach include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build positive working relationships with the leaders of the assigned companies, and support the implementation of their transformation plans.
- Acquire a deep understanding of clients’ operations, products, services, customers, market position, constraints, and other critical factors, and use this information to diagnose company needs as well as barriers to transformation and growth.
- Visit company sites regularly, and travel to other countries in the region as needed.
- Collaborate with Seed staff and fellow coaches to work through challenges and access resources that can help address companies’ needs.
- Work closely with Seed team members to facilitate the analysis and review of companies’ progress toward transformation.