When you are wondering how to advance your career or how to get promoted, stepping away from the workforce to reflect, refine, and expand your skills is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. And one year in the Stanford MSx (Master of Science in Management) Program will transform you and your career.
The MSx Program offers more than just a classroom education. There are numerous activities and events that you can participate in to help you reach your personal and career objectives. Stanford GSB can help you build your career in the following ways:
Strengthen Your Leadership Skills - Consider classes on leadership and soft skills, volunteer in leadership roles, participate in executive coaching
Deepen Your Skill Set - Choose classes that align with your plans and interests, do research, explore courses outside of Stanford GSB
Expose Yourself to New Perspectives - Participate fully in life on and off campus, take classes in areas new to you, engage with classmates from around the world
Hear How to Advance Your Career from MSx Alumni
Graduates leverage the lessons and skills they learned and the network they built to change lives, change organizations, and change the world in a multitude of ways. Here is a small glimpse at how our graduates excelled after the program.
The MSx Career Education Experience
You will have dedicated support from the Career Management Center, career advisors, and leadership coaches to explore new pathways to advance your career, launch a new venture, or grow your impact.
By extracting yourself from work to immerse yourself in a vibrant, stimulating, and challenging learning environment, you will:
- Grow in new and unexpected ways: Take risks, fail, learn, and iterate to succeed.
- Extrapolate lessons from your career and leverage those takeaways to be more effective.
- Interlace your peers’ experiences with lessons of Stanford GSB faculty, lecturers, and world-renowned guest speakers to deepen your learning.
- Dedicate time to learn new skills, explore new topics, and gain insights that are relevant in today’s economy.
The MSx Program provides numerous resources and guidance to help you achieve your career goals
- Mid-Career Expertise - A mid-career team within the CMC dedicated to the unique needs of the MSx students
- MSx Specific Curriculum - A MSx-specific Career Education Curriculum designed specifically for mid-career professionals
- MSx-only Workshops - Exclusive MSx-only workshops to give you space to learn and practice with your cohort
- Access to the CMC - Access to the full range of Career Management Center resources including dozens of workshops and Career Advisors
- Sloan Fellow Networking - Special alumni networking events with all-MSx alumni, open only to MSx students
- Canvas Course - Canvas course platform brings the curriculum together, providing a private and dedicated space to address mid-career needs
Through an amazing, transformational experience, the MSx program shows you how to advance your career. Join a talented, collaborative, global community!