How to Volunteer
This is an exciting time to volunteer with ACT as ACT commits itself to executing 50 projects over the next 5 years focused on advancing racial equity. We – the organization itself and its volunteers – will be on a learning journey together. There’s no doubt that we’ll make mistakes and take some wrong turns as we execute on this big, hairy, audacious goal, but with your help and commitment to learning and growing, as an individual and a community of volunteers, we will try to get it right. Thank you for your interest in joining us in this journey. To volunteer:
- Review projects below; all of which will be conducted virtually.
- Complete your ACT volunteer profile via the “Volunteer Today” button on this page or on each individual project page.
- In your ACT volunteer profile, indicate which project interests you; if there is more than one, rank order them.
- To volunteer to lead a project, check the box next to “project of interest” on the Project Ranking page. Learn more about being a project leader.
- Register to attend ACT’s Mandatory Project Round Kick-Off. Volunteers must commit to participating in one of the two kick-offs to be placed on a team. Choose between:
- ACT Mandatory Fall-Winter ‘20 Kick-Off - Option 1, Sep. 23, 2020, 4-5pm Pacific Time OR
- ACT Mandatory Fall-Winter ‘20 Kick-Off - Option 2, Sep. 24, 2020, 2-3pm Pacific Time
- Susan Austin, ACT director, will contact you between September 3-11 to discuss your application, project interests and project placement.
Deadline to volunteer: September 2, 2020