If you’re excited about gaining hands-on work experience with Seed — either on campus or in a developing economy — you’ve come to the right place.
The following Stanford University students are eligible to apply:
- Degree-seeking, full-time graduate students
- Current undergraduate students
- Graduating Stanford senior students
Submitting an application does not guarantee selection. An internship committee will assess all completed applications based on the following selection criteria:
- Your record of academic and professional accomplishments
- Your demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a cross-cultural context
- Your interest in gaining work experience in a developing economy
- Your skill set with regard to the needs of potential host companies in Africa
All finalists will be interviewed by Seed staff. If you are selected, Seed staff will meet with you to coordinate all logistical and programmatic details of your internship.
Most internships begin in late June/early July.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dan Zussman at email@example.com.
Interns receive a stipend, which covers airfare, required visas and select vaccinations, cost-of-living expenses, and accommodations.
Preparations for international internships are time-consuming. If you are selected, allow sufficient time to complete the following pre-departure requirements:
- Attend a mandatory international-preparation workshop.
- Complete pre-departure forms and obtain valid travel documents, such as a passport and visa.
- Obtain required immunizations and documentation thereof.
- Prepare a detailed project work plan in conjunction with your supervisor.