Lecturer in Management
Dr. Christopher Krubert is an entrepreneur, active investor, and advisor to a variety of businesses in the healthcare and wellness industries, currently serving as an operating partner with Ares Management, one of the largest private equity firms in the world. He has served on the board of directors for industry-leading companies with a total market value of over $6B. Dr. Krubert recently has co-founded and serves as executive chairman of U.S. Heart and Vascular, the leading independent provider of cardiovascular health in the country. From 2006–2013 he led the growth of ApolloMD as CEO, building it into one of the industry leading multi-specialty physician services firms.
Dr. Krubert received his MD and trained in emergency medicine at the University of Chicago and completed a successful clinical career where he led the transformation of 20+ large volume emergency departments as a clinician and medical director. He is a lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, is an advisor at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business Polsky Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, and is on the Board of Leaders for the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. He has been recognized as an Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year in 2009 and lauded a “Top 50 Healthcare Leader” from 2009–2013.
- MD, The University of Chicago, 2000
- MBA, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, 1993
- BA, University of Illinois, 1989
- Lecturer, Stanford GSB, 2016–present
- Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, U.S. Heart and Vascular, 2021–present
- Operating Partner, Ares Management Private Equity, 2021–present
- Operating Partner, Advent International Global Private Equity, 2015–21
- President, Private Investment Fund, 2013–present
- CEO, ApolloMD, 2003–13