Lecturer in Organizational Behavior
Matt Abrahams is a passionate, collaborative and innovative educator and coach. He has published research articles on strategic communication, cognitive planning, persuasion, and interpersonal communication.
Matt published the third edition of his book Speaking Up Without Freaking Out, a book written to help the millions of people who suffer from anxiety around speaking in public. Additionally, Matt developed a software package that provides instant, proscriptive feedback to presenters. Prior to teaching, Matt held senior leadership positions in several leading software companies, where he created and ran global learning and development organizations.
Matt is also founder and principal at TFTS Communications LLC, a presentation and communication skills company based in Silicon Valley that helps people improve their presentation skills. Matt has worked with executives to help prepare and present keynote addresses and IPO road shows, conduct media interviews, and deliver TED talks.
He is currently a member of the Management Communication Association (where he received a “Rising Star” award) as well as the National and Western States Communication Associations.
Matt received his undergraduate degree in psychology from Stanford and his graduate degree in communication studies from UC Davis.
- MA, Communication, UC Davis, 1993
- BA, Psychology, Stanford University, 1991
- Lecturer, Stanford GSB, 2011-present
- Communication Instructor, Stanford Continuing Studies, 2006-present
- Professor Speech Communication, Foothill-De Anza Community College District, 2004-18
- Business Psychology Professor, Palo Alto University, 2009-10
- Principal and Founder, TFTS Communication LLC, 2022-present
- Principal and Co-Founder, Bold Echo Communication Solutions, 2010-2021
- Vice President Worldwide Education, Openwave, 2000-01
- Senior Director Worldwide Education, Ariba, 1996-99
- Director Education, Vantive, 1995-98
Awards and Honors
- Circle of Excellence Award, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, 2021
- Robert K. Jaedicke Faculty Award, Stanford GSB, 2018
Executive Education & Other Non-Degree Programs
Conferences, Talks & Speaking Engagements
Stanford GSB Insights
TEDx Palo Alto