John K. Hurley
Lecturer in Finance
Mr. Hurley is the Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Cavalry Asset Management. Based in San Francisco and Hong Kong, Cavalry invests primarily in publicly traded technology companies for several large financial institutions, universities and family offices.
Mr. Hurley serves on the Board of Trustees of the American Enterprise Institute and the Board of Directors of Business Executives for National Security. In addition to lecturing at the GSB, he is a member of the Princeton University President’s Advisory Council and History Department Advisory Board.
Mr. Hurley graduated with honors from Princeton in 1986, where he was Chairman of the Daily Princetonian. Upon graduation, he was commissioned as a second lieutenant and served for five years in the US Army. During the First Gulf War, as a battalion fire direction officer for the First Cavalry Division, he was awarded the Bronze Star.
After receiving his MBA from the GSB in 1993, he was an analyst and portfolio manager at Fidelity Investments and Managing Partner of Bowman Capital Management before founding Cavalry in 2003.
He and his wife Kamilla (GSB 1992) have three sons.
- MBA, Stanford GSB, 1993
- BA (cum laude), Princeton University, 1986
- At Stanford University since 2005
- Founder and Managing Partner, Cavalry Asset Management, 2003-present
- Managing Partner, Bowman Capital Management, 1997–2001
- Research Analyst–Portfolio Manager, Fidelity Investments, 1992–1997
- Lieutenant–Captain, U.S. Army, 1986–1991