Lecturer in Management
Julian Eison is a managing partner at Next Ventures, where he invests in whole person health, which spans preventive and acute health care innovation, wellness, and fitness. He’s passionately driven by investing in entrepreneurs who are exposing industry inefficiencies, omitted or misunderstood historical facts or processes, and closing generational gaps.
Through his work he’s led Next Ventures investment in: Juno Medical, SteadyMD, Humane, Vital Biosciences, Mood Health, OK Capsule, Trial Library, Genopets and Terra. Julian is an active board member of: Juno Medical, SteadyMD, and OK Capsule.
Prior to joining Next Ventures, Julian was founder and CEO of Eison Triple Thread, a premium consumer brand where he developed FITS, a product recommendation engine that leveraged customer’s musical preferences to drive product acquisition. Before his time as a founder, he spent 6 years at Golden Gate Capital, a private equity firm with $19 billion in committed capital, focused on deal diligence and technology.
Julian is a Kauffman Fellow (’27) and a member of the Black Venture Institute’s inaugural cohort. In addition, he helped launch the Valence Funding Network, an initiative to link Black entrepreneurs to leading venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and other areas. He was an NCAA Division I Track & Field athlete and Big West High Jump Champion. He has been featured in TechCrunch, Yahoo Finance, WWD, The Guardian, Adweek, NBC and other publications.
He graduated from the University of California Irvine, where he earned a BS in Sociology. While at UC Irvine he was an Academic All-American and research scholar.
- BS in Sociology, University of California Irvine, 2009
- Lecturer, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
- Managing Partner, Next Ventures, 2020–present
- VC Funding Network, Valence Community, 2020
- CEO & Founder, Eison Triple Thread, 2015–19
- Due Diligence & Technology Expert, Golden Gate Capital, 2009–15
- Financial Analyst, Merrill Lynch, 2007
Service to the Profession
- Inaugural Member, Black Venture Institute 2020–present
- Fellow, Kauffman Fellows, 2022–present
- Business Mentor, NFTE, 2013–14