Lecturer in Management
Kristin Hansen returns to the GSB in Fall 2019 as co-lecturer for the MBA / MsX course Essentials of Strategic Communications, joining fellow lecturer Matt Abrahams. Kristin previously taught this course with Matt in Fall 2017, and has also previously served as a communication coach and LOWkeynotes coach for MBA and MsX students.
Kristin currently serves as Executive Director of Civic Health Project, a Palo Alto-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to reduce polarization and foster healthier civic discourse in U.S. citizenry, politics, and media. Kristin is also Director of Mismatch.org, a new civic tech platform being incubated within the nonprofit organization AllSides for Schools. Mismatch is a realtime videoconferencing application that promotes conversation “across distance and divides” between classrooms, civic groups, and individuals.
Kristin is a strategic advisor to AllSides.com, a media and technology platform that exposes people to news, information and ideas from all sides of the political spectrum. She also serves on the board of the National Conversation Project, which is dedicated to bridging divides in the U.S. “one conversation at a time.”
Prior to her recent career shift into civil discourse-related work, Kristin held multiple senior executive roles in the tech sector, including Chief Marketing Officer of two tech companies (Bright Computing and Micromuse); global brand leader at Intel Data Center Group, responsible for launching the company’s first data center platform brand; and senior marketing executive for IBM Software Group.
- MBA, Stanford Graduate School of Business, 1998
- MA, International Policy Studies, Stanford University, 1990
- BA, Political Science, Stanford University, 1990
- Lecturer in Management, Stanford GSB, 2017-present
- MBA / MsX Communication Coach, Stanford GSB, 2013-2015
- MBA / MsX LOWkeynotes Coach, Stanford GSB, 2015
- Executive Director, Civic Health Project, 2018-present
- Director, Mismatch.org, 2018-present
- Board Member, National Conversation Project, 2018-present
- Global Brand Leader, Intel Data Center Group, 2017-2018
- Chief Marketing Officer, Bright Computing, 2015-2017
- Senior Marketing Executive, IBM, 2006-2013
Conferences, Talks & Speaking Engagements
Panelist, UN 68th Annual Civil Society Conference, Salt Lake City, UT, August 28, 2019
Speaker, #ListenFirstFriday, April 19, 2019
Speaker, Unrig Summit, Nashville, TN, March 30, 2019