Lecturer in Management
Max is the Chief Learning Officer at SAP, where he is responsible for SAP’s efforts to create opportunity through learning and development for its employees, customers, and partners. In this capacity he leads SAP’s learning, early talent, leadership development, training, and developer relations teams. Max is also the Managing Director of SAP Bay Area, responsible for the more than 4,000 SAP employees in California. He previously served as SAP’s Chief Innovation Officer, pioneering emerging technologies and product incubation across SAP.
Max also lectures on innovation and strategy at the Stanford Graduate school of Business and is a venture partner with Nextgen Venture Partners. He resides in Palo Alto alongside his wife and two sons.
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- BA, Northwestern University,
- Lecturer, Stanford GSB, 2015-present
- Chief Innovation Officer, SAP
- Venture Partner, NextGen Venture Partners
- General Manager, SAP.iO
- Vice President, Sapphire Ventures
- Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School
- Senior Associate, Boston Consulting Group