Influence and Negotiation Strategies Program
Develop powerful negotiating skills in a rigorous, highly interactive program combining hands-on simulations with research-based discussions.
Live Online Program
In this intensive, live online program program led by Stanford GSB faculty, you’ll spend most of your time actively negotiating with fellow participants — all experienced business leaders from around the globe. Engage with our faculty virtually in real-time and forge valuable connections with senior executives at other organizations.
This isn’t just about the theoretical. It’s about learning from successes and failures and building practical skills you can apply directly at your workplace. You’ll learn how to get more of what you want, find out how to influence without authority, and know when it’s wise to walk away.
At Stanford GSB, we look beyond cases. We rely on empirically validated research to give us insight into the art and science of negotiation. Then, we use those findings to build effective frameworks for successful negotiations. You’ll examine the social psychology and economics of influence and delve into complex deal negotiations involving cultural differences, coalitions, and ethical challenges.
Key BenefitsPut negotiation theory into practice, and build frameworks you can use to exert influence and get more of what you want in the workplace and beyond.
- Rethink your approach to negotiation — changing your aims from adversarial to collaborative, from winning to problem-solving.
- Develop powerful, practical strategies to improve your influence and effectiveness in one-to-one, multiparty, and multi-issue negotiations.
- Gain advanced negotiation and dispute resolution strategies, including skills to use when negotiations break down.
- Develop skills and strategies to advance reciprocal influence for mutual gain.
- Learn highly effective methods of interpersonal influence and persuasion.
- Build frameworks that emphasize a rational and ethical approach to negotiation.
- Gain a global perspective by negotiating with your fellow participants: experienced business leaders from around the world.
Who Should Attend
- Executives or senior managers from any industry, any organization, and any functional area
- Participants who conduct at least some of their daily business in English and can therefore keep pace with this highly interactive program
26 Oct 2020 – 04 Nov 2020
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
09 Oct 2020
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Influence and Negotiation Strategies Program Live Online has been redesigned from a one- week, on-campus experience to a week and a half, virtual program where the schedule is highly interactive and structured for maximum insights.
Explore Related Programs
10 Mar 2021 – 02 Mar 2022
02 May 2021 – 07 May 2021
20 Jun 2021 – 25 Jun 2021