Innovative Product Leadership: The Emerging Chief Product Officer
Develop strategic frameworks, customer empathy, and communication and leadership skills to help you move from product management to the C-suite.
Today’s chief product officers have more responsibilities, impact, and influence than ever before. With the product function growing in importance, product managers striving to reach the C-suite need to think and lead more strategically. Innovative Product Leadership: The Emerging Chief Product Officer helps prepare you for this highly demanding and desirable role.
This one-week, interdisciplinary program is designed for senior-level product managers with their sights set on becoming a more strategic CPO. Explore which approaches and frameworks will help your organization gain a competitive advantage. Discover how customer insights can inform product development. Learn how to communicate with purpose and exert influence without authority. And develop leadership skills that motivate cross-functional teams to drive product innovation.
Innovative Product Leadership: The Emerging Chief Product Officer combines proven business strategies and a Silicon Valley mindset with a hands-on, real-world product challenge. In this one-day field project, you’ll gain market knowledge, value proposition insights, and pricing strategies to help your company transition from selling what you make to making what you sell.
Key BenefitsLearn product management strategies, innovative approaches, and bold leadership required in the C-suite.
- Develop new tools to strengthen the product management process across larger portfolios.
- Influence product decision making with the customer at the center.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field and on a real-world product challenge.
- Enhance your internal and external communication skills.
- Build leadership skills to manage and motivate cross-functional teams.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced product managers and aspiring chief product officers who are motivated to lead and ignite change in their organizations — from any industry and country
- Senior-level product managers with at least eight years of product management experience — from any size or stage company
- Technically-minded product managers seeking business expertise to take on more senior-level strategic roles in the organization
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Application is not yet available
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Hear faculty co-directors Baba Shiv and Jonathan Levav discuss how Innovative Product Leadership: The Emerging Chief Product Officer will help you develop the strategy, communication, and leadership skills needed join the C-suite.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
- Co-Director, The Brains and Guts of Decision Making
- Co-Director, The Emerging CMO: Strategic Marketing Leadership
- Co-Director, Innovative Product Leadership: The Emerging Chief Product Officer
Explore Related Programs
15 Mar 2021 – 26 Mar 2021
12 Apr 2021 – 11 Jun 2021
31 May 2021 – 26 Aug 2021