The Stanford Impact Leaders Prizes support graduating students who are choosing social or environmental impact career paths.
The $20,000 SIL prize is awarded to one to three outstanding graduating Stanford GSB students who are committed to joining an existing high-impact organization in the next chapter of their careers. We consider applicants for three different types of SIL prizes through a single application process:
- The Frances and Arjay Miller SIL Prize in Social Impact
- The SIL Sustainability Prize
SIL Prize Benefits
- A high visibility $20,000 prize available before graduation
- Participation in a community of Stanford GSB social innovators
- Loan forgiveness when eligible through the Stanford GSB Financial Aid program
Who Can Apply?
- Second-year MBA and MSx students graduating in Fall 2020, or the Winter, Spring, or Summer of 2021.
- Students committed to focusing on social or environmental impact in the next phase of their careers, regardless of sector. Proof of employment or relevant activity is required after graduation.
- Winning the SIL Prize excludes students from competing for the Stanford Impact Founder Fellowship or receiving the Henry Ford II Scholar award.
Recipients are selected by a committee of social innovation leaders. The committee considers the following criteria:
- Alignment of career plans with social and environmental impact
- Demonstrated knowledge of a problem space and approaches to innovative solutions
- Leadership potential to drive potential positive change post-graduation