Associate Professor of Accounting
- Executive Compensation
- Auditing Regulation
Brandon Gipper completed his PhD at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in 2016. He earned a BS in economics and mathematics and a master in accounting from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business.
Gipper’s primary research focuses on empirical accounting topics, including the effects of disclosure on corporate governance, regulatory interaction in the audit industry, and accounting standard setting, as well as economic questions related to auditing, the firm’s information environment, and capital formation.
- BS, Economics and Mathematics, University of Michigan, 2008
- Master of Accounting, University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business, 2009
- PhD, Accounting, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Associate Professor, Stanford GSB, 2020–present
- Assistant Professor, Stanford GSB, 2016–2020
- Associate Auditor, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Awards and Honors
- MBA Class of 1969 Faculty Scholar for 2019–2020
- MBA Class of 1969 Faculty Scholar, 2018–2019
- MBA Class of 1969 Faculty Scholar, 2017–2018