We use feedback from recommenders to understand how others perceive you and to gain a firsthand perspective of the influence and impact you have had on others.
Two reference letters are required. Each letter should provide information and examples that help us understand your:
- Leadership aptitude
- Skills and competencies
- Character traits that align with our values
What You Provide
In your application, you will register two individuals who will serve as your recommenders.
Choose individuals who know you well and who will put time, effort, and enthusiasm into your recommendation. They should be able to provide recent and specific anecdotes about your leadership expertise and speak to your managerial performance and executive potential.
Your recommenders should be:
- A current, direct supervisor
- A former supervisor, an indirect supervisor, or an individual who has direct involvement with you recently
Sponsored candidates must have:
- CEO or designee of sponsoring organization
- An individual who has directly evaluated managerial performance and potential
What Your Recommenders Provide
Your recommenders need to provide two things:
- Skills and qualities checklist: An evaluation of how you rate based on key competencies and characteristics as compared to others.
- Letter: A written recommendation for your admittance to the program. It should include their perspective on your character and past performance and give specific examples that support their evaluation and recommendation.