Your feedback is invaluable to the Stanford MSx Program selection process.
We rely on you to understand an applicant’s growth mindset and elasticity through:
- Leadership aptitude
- Skills and competencies
- Character traits that align with our values
Our cohorts are made up of visionaries and leaders who want to positively inspire others to impact the world on a larger scale. We want to get a sense of:
- How the applicant has evolved throughout his or her career in relation to responsibilities, lessons, feedback, and situations.
- The impact the applicant has had on others within the organization.
We believe that this information can serve as an indicator of the applicant’s capability of engaging in this academically rigorous program and capacity for becoming a principled, purposeful leader.
Why You Were Chosen
The applicant identified you as an individual who has recent, in-depth knowledge about his or her professional skill set, sense of integrity, influence within an organization and the community, and ability to lead.
What You Provide
We ask you to provide two things:
An easy-to-complete assessment of how the applicant rates on key competencies and characteristics as compared to others.
We will email you the checklist to complete online.
2. Letter of Recommendation
Answer the following questions using detailed, specific anecdotes:
- How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Provide examples that demonstrate the applicant’s principal strengths.
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given our applicant. Include the circumstances and his or her response.
- Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)
Your letter must be written in English and submitted online. Each response should be no more than 500 words.
In the online application, the applicant selects whether to retain or waive their right to review your recommendation letter.