Dithering. Decisions that turn out wrong. Decisions that people sabotage or don’t know how to implement. If your company’s experiencing these problems, it’s not alone. Most organizations don’t know how to make and execute good decisions. And they’re paying a high price — as profitability and competitiveness erode.
It doesn’t have to be this way. In Decide and Deliver, the authors draw on Bain & Company’s extensive experience and research to present a five-step process for improving your firm’s decision effectiveness:
1. Assess your decision effectiveness and how your organization supports or inhibits it.
2. Identify your critical decisions.
3. Set individual critical decisions up for success.
4. Build an integrated organizational system, which enables great decision-making and execution throughout.
5. Embed the changes in everyday practice.
Master this process, and you’ll see immediate results: people across your organization collaborating to make crucial decisions better and faster than your rivals. And executing them flawlessly — fueling unprecedented financial performance and employee engagement.
Filled with powerful hands-on tools and detailed examples from companies as varied as Ford Motor Company, British American Tobacco, Telstra, Lafarge, and ABB, Decide and Deliver helps you make decision management a potent competitive weapon in your company.