To succeed in a fast-changing world, individuals and companies know they must create a culture of growth, where experimentation and feedback are encouraged, and learning is integrated into the everyday. Yet we often get stuck in a well-worn pattern of habits that don’t move us forward. Why?
Because many of us get trapped in the Performance Paradox: the counterintuitive phenomenon that if we focus only on performing, our performance suffers.
How can we give ourselves the space to experiment and grow while also delivering high-level results?
Fostering growth mindset to elevate performance is Eduardo Briceño’s specialty. As CEO of Mindset Works and in his work with Fortune 500 companies, he discovered that mastering growth—personal, organizational, and financial—hinges on navigating the crucial balance between learning and performing.
In The Performance Paradox, Briceño reveals how to
• avoid falling into the chronic performance trap that stagnates growth
• identify when and how to unlock the power of mistakes
• integrate learning into daily habits in ways that stick
• lead teams that constantly improve and outperform their targets
• grow your skill level and output simultaneously and for the long term
We can achieve more tomorrow than we do today if we develop the belief that we can change and the competence for how to change. With Briceño’s innovative and refreshing framework of balancing learning and performing, individuals and companies can reach their boldest aspirations.