- The Experience
- The Programs
- Faculty & Research
- Big Data
- Career & Success
- Corporate Governance
- Energy & Environment
- Health Care
- Operations, Information & Technology
- Organizational Behavior
- Political Economy
- Social Impact
- Supply Chain
CGRI Quick Guide Series. Corporate Governance Research Initiative,
A company offer a competitive compensation arrangement in order to attract, retain, and motivate a qualified CEO to manage the organization.
This Quick Guide examines the elements of executive compensation and the process by which the compensation committee establishes pay packages. It examines the questions:
- What is the purpose of a compensation program?
- How do boards structure pay?
- What is the difference between expected, earned, and realized pay?
- How much do CEOs make?
- Are CEOs paid the “right” amount?