The Learning Center of Palo Alto
Founded in 1977, The Learning Center (TLC) is a child-centered, play-based and nature-focused preschool providing care for approximately 48 children between the ages of 18 months and Kindergarten. More than a thousand children have been served by TLC over the years, and it is recognized as one of the leading preschools in the area.
How might The Learning Center create a sustainable financial aid program to fund scholarships for families who cannot afford its fees?
TLC would like to set up a scholarship program to be able to assist families who cannot afford its fees. TLC is funded primarily through tuition, however, during the pandemic the preschool received significant additional financial support from current parents. Management believes this indicates that the community and existing family base would be willing and able to respond to asks to finance a scholarship program and set up an endowment fund.
The Learning Center seeks an ACT team to:
• Clarify strategic objectives and develop goals for a scholarship program
• Research best practices from other schools
• Evaluate the sustainability of a scholarship program
• Recommend how to administer financial aid
This is a Full Team project:
- Scope: High-priority organizational challenge involving strategy or management
- Team Size: 5 consultants, including 1-2 project leaders
- Project Duration: 6 months
- Estimated time Contribution: Team member: 3-4 hrs/week, Project leader: 5-6 hrs/week