Your support continues to position Stanford GSB as a pioneer in the field of management education.
Through your generosity as annual and reunion donors, corporate and foundation partners, and dedicated volunteer leaders, you are integral to the school’s success.
Six Reasons to Support Stanford GSB
- Philanthropic gifts to Stanford GSB make up 50% of the school’s operating budget annually. The financial model of the school relies on the dedicated commitment of alumni and friends year in and year out to strengthen the student experience, launch new programs, retain and recruit top faculty, and engage alumni worldwide.
- Student tuition covers only about half of the real cost of a Stanford GSB education. Even those who pay “full price” have benefited significantly from the generosity of others, without whom the transformational Stanford GSB student experience simply is not possible.
- As a pioneer in management education, Stanford GSB is global in its mission. We’re one of the few institutions in the world with the depth and breadth to address complex, global problems. Big ideas are expensive. By investing in excellence, you enable us to attract the best and brightest minds across a range of academic disciplines, and leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
- Gifts for current use and for endowment are both critical. Stanford GSB’s endowment covers about 35% of the school’s annual budget, but is mostly restricted for specific uses. Dedicated endowed funds do not fully cover student financial aid and faculty costs. Annual, current-use gifts provide the the school with freedom and flexibility to seize opportunities and meet unexpected needs for curriculum innovation, path breaking research, and enhancements to student life.
- Every gift makes a difference. Most gifts made to Stanford GSB are under $1,000. Together they add up to millions for financial aid, academics, research, and other programs.
- Lifelong engagement ensures a strong Stanford GSB community. Your investment of financial resources and your volunteer leadership strengthen Stanford GSB as a global thought leader and as a vibrant community that benefits you personally and professionally throughout your life. Your active engagement shapes a strong Stanford GSB community for both current students and future generations.