Big Data, Strategic Decisions: Analysis to Action
Harness the power of data analytics to improve decisions, gain a competitive edge, and enhance your company’s performance, products, and processes.
Ask. Analyze. Act. Big Data, Strategic Decisions: Analysis to Action gives you the frameworks, tools, and confidence to ask the right questions, interpret the analysis, and use both to transform your data into strategic decisions. No technical or statistical expertise is required, just a desire to use data more effectively to make an impact on your organization — from marketing and operations to HR, supply chain, and business models.
Every morning you will learn conceptual frameworks and tools from world-renowned Stanford faculty to help you make smarter data-driven decisions. Every afternoon you will put learning into action, working on a real data challenge with a small team and a seasoned data analyst who will translate the technical into the actionable. Immerse yourself in design thinking and Agile methodologies to creatively manage your data initiatives. Silicon Valley leaders at the forefront of data analytics will share their experiences on how to best leverage data in a business context. And, Stanford faculty will provide insight into machine learning and the future of artificial intelligence, as well as explore the risks, perils, and ethics of using big data.
There’s no better place to learn about innovative and practical approaches to data analytics than on the Stanford Graduate School of Business campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Thoughtfully designed for data curious leaders, this experiential program brings together Stanford GSB faculty, guest speakers, and a competitive simulation project for a truly comprehensive and creative learning experience.
Key BenefitsLearn and practice creative data-driven strategies to enhance decision making across every facet of your organization.
- Uncover hidden or unexpected connections, correlations, patterns, and trends to drive better decisions.
- Apply design thinking and Agile methodologies to develop big data solutions that are usable and deliver value.
- Explore the future of big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Use conceptual frameworks and tools to recognize the power and potential of data to implement strategic initiatives and drive competitive advantage.
- Network with peers from diverse industries and functional areas to get fresh ideas about how data can be used effectively.
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level executives who understand the importance of data in their organizations and want to harness it for greater competitive advantage. Ideal for executives with little or no expertise in data analysis or statistics
- Decision makers — from any size company, any industry, and any country — who seek to become more data and analytics savvy
01 Aug 2021 – 06 Aug 2021
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
18 Jun 2021
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Paul Oyer, and hear how Big Data, Strategic Decisions will help you harness the power of data analytics to improve decisions, gain a competitive edge, and enhance your company’s performance, products, and processes.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Director, Big Data, Strategic Decisions: Analysis to Action
- Director, Harnessing AI and Big Data: Analysis to Action
- Co-Director, Harnessing AI for Breakthrough Innovation and Strategic Impact
Explore Related Programs
24 Aug 2020 – 17 Dec 2020
21 Feb 2021 – 30 Apr 2021
18 Jul 2021 – 23 Jul 2021