Professor of Marketing
Narayanan is a professor of marketing at Stanford Graduate School of Business. He received his PhD from the University of Chicago in 2005 and has been at Stanford since July 2005. Before his PhD, he worked as a sales and marketing manager at Unilever, after receiving a BE in electrical engineering and an MBA, both from the University of Delhi, India.
Narayanan’s research has been published in the leading journals of marketing, such as Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, and Journal of Marketing. He serves as associate editor at Marketing Science and Quantitative Marketing and Economics.
Narayanan teaches an MBA core course in marketing and a PhD course on Bayesian methods. Previously he also taught MBA electives like Marketing Analytics, Advanced Marketing Analytics, Digital Marketing, and Green Marketing.
- PhD, University of Chicago, 2005
- MBA, University of Delhi, India, 1997
- BE, University of Delhi, India, 1995
- Professor, Stanford GSB, 2021–present
- Associate Professor, Stanford GSB, 2009–21
- Assistant Professor, Stanford GSB, 2005–09
- Area Sales Manager, Unilever India, 1997–2000
Awards and Honors
- Philip F. Maritz Faculty Scholar, 2016-17
- MBA Class of ’69 Faculty Scholar, 2013-14
- Coulter Family Scholar, 2007-2008
Executive Education & Other Non-Degree Programs
Stanford Case Studies
Stanford GSB Affiliations
Service to the Profession
- Associate Editor, Quantitative Marketing and Economics
- Associate Editor, Marketing Science
Membership of Professional Organizations
- American Marketing Association
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)