Lecturer in Management
Josh Richman is the vice president of Global Business Development and Policy for Bloom Energy Corporation where he oversees new market development, strategic partnerships, public sector sales, utility scale project development, and state and federal legislative and regulatory affairs. Before joining Bloom when it was a pre-revenue company in 2006, Josh worked as an associate at Greenrock Capital, a private equity fund focused exclusively on clean energy investments. Prior to his work in clean energy, Josh spent six years working on national Congressional and Presidential political campaigns.
Josh graduated with honors from Brown University and received his MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business. Josh is a cofounder of Stanford Professionals in Energy, serves an advisor to early stage energy startups, and served on the board of the Clean Tech Advisory Council for former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
Josh is a bestselling author whose books have been translated into nine different languages. He lives in Portola Valley with his wife and two children.
- MBA, Stanford GSB, 2005
- AB, Public Policy, Brown University, 1997
- Lecturer, Stanford GSB, 2018–present
- Vice President of Global Business Development and Policy, Bloom Energy, 2015–present
- Advisor, Semtive, 2016–present
- Vice President of Business Development and Government Affairs, Bloom Energy, 2011–2014
- Director of Business Development, Bloom Energy, 2007–2010
- Manager of Business Development, 2006–2007
- Associate, Greenrock Capital, 2005–2006
- Political Director, US Congressman, 1999–2003