Innovation. Entrepreneurship. Leadership. The Seed Transformation Program focuses on all three.
Through a rigorous curriculum, facilitated In-Company Workshops, and a community of like-minded leaders, you will gain the strategic skills, methodologies, and mindsets to transform your business and your community.
The Stanford GSB approach is highly interactive and practical. Unlike a traditional classroom, this year-long program will have you out of your seat, collaborating with peers, brainstorming ideas, and learning by doing.
During four separate one-week classroom sessions you will work with Stanford faculty and other practitioners to explore topics ranging from leadership, strategy, and business ethics to accounting, marketing, and value chain innovations. The ultimate goal: to create your company’s transformation plan, a detailed action plan for your business with concrete steps to help you grow and scale over the next three to five years.
In between sessions, a Seed facilitator will lead In-Company Workshops to apply classroom tools and concepts to your company’s unique situation and help gain buy-in with your team; the facilitator will also provide ongoing support for your small peer groups, called Leadership Labs. After ten months, you will present your Transformation Plan to the Seed team.
The program schedule is subject to change.
Months 1 – 10
Participate in four Immersion Weeks, located in each region:
- India: Chennai, India
- East Africa: Nairobi, Kenya, and other East African cities to be determined
- Southern Africa: Either East or West Africa
- West Africa: Accra, Ghana, and other West African cities to be determined
Build Your Strategy
- Organizational Design
- Leadership and Team Building
- Business Model Canvas
Know Your Company
- Value Chain Innovations
- Strategy Beyond Markets & Business Ethics
Know Your Product and Customers
- Product Innovation and Design Thinking
Develop Your Plan
- Corporate Governance
- Finance and Investing
- Managerial Performance Measurement
- Human Resources
The STP curriculum is designed to give you tools and tactics so that you can put into practice at your company the theories and frameworks you learned in the classroom. To help you achieve this, STP also facilitates In-Company Workshops and Leadership Lab meetings.
Facilitated In-Company Workshops
Led by Seed staff — experienced local business leaders and facilitators — these workshops will help you introduce new ideas and learning across your company and help you generate buy-in to achieve company growth.
Months 10 – 12
Following the final Immersion Week, you will implement your Transformation Plan and continue to meet with your Leadership Lab.
After the Program
STP participants continue to stay engaged with Stanford Seed. Together with current and former participants, you will become part of the Seed Transformation Network. Among the benefits:
- You will be invited to participate in ongoing peer leadership groups, tactical training workshops, networking events, and other programs, and will continue to get support from Stanford Seed consultants and Stanford students.
- Network members are often invited to share the experiences of their own transformation journeys with incoming cohorts.