Seed Transformation Program – East Africa
Gain management training and networking support in this leadership program for established business leaders in East Africa.
How can you bring Silicon Valley innovation and entrepreneurship to your company? What management skills, tools and mindsets are required to grow and scale? How can the success of your business help to lead your region to greater prosperity?
The Seed Transformation Program is the answer. Apply to this comprehensive year-long program that includes twelve months of immersive management training in East Africa designed specifically for business owners and their teams, led by Stanford GSB faculty, other practitioners, and supported by trained local facilitators. The ultimate goal: to create and activate a detailed action plan to help you grow and scale your company.
Throughout the year-long experience, you will work in small peer groups called Leadership Labs to share experiences, resources, ideas, and support. Participants may also apply to receive high-touch coaching upon completion of the Seed Transformation Program.
Key BenefitsDevelop the skills, tools, and mindset to grow and scale your business and positively impact your community.
- Gain essential business and leadership skills, from strategy and finance to marketing and design thinking, all taught by world-renowned Stanford faculty, and local business practitioners.
- Take advantage of a world-class curriculum from Stanford GSB and the innovative thinking that has shaped some of the most successful companies in Silicon Valley.
- Create an action plan to grow and scale your business.
- Get in-company support from trained local facilitators to help introduce what you’ve learned to your company and promote buy-in.
- Develop relationships with like-minded leaders to share experiences and develop an ongoing peer-to-peer support network.
- Share key learnings of the program with your senior managers to align and enhance your team.
Who Should Attend
- CEOs or founders of companies or market-driven social enterprises who want to grow and scale their businesses, and positively impact their communities.
- Applicants can be from any industry, but must be based in East Africa and have an annual revenue between US $150,000 and US $15 million.
January - December 2021
In-person|Nairobi, Kenya, and other East African cities
Full-time during on-site sessions
The program schedule is subject to change.
Session 1 | Build Your Strategy
Session 2 | Know Your Company
Session 3 | Know Your Product and Customers
Session 4 | Develop Your Plan
Sep – Dec | Transformation plan implementation, Leadership Lab meetings
The application will reopen in March 2020.
The cost of the program has been significantly subsidized by philanthropic contributions.
Fee includes value-added tax.
Lunch, snacks, and some dinners will be provided during the program. Lodging and transportation are not included.
Stanford GSB Statement of Completion
Seed Transformation Program
Hear from leaders filled with passion and purpose — equally committed to growing their businesses and improving their communities and the world.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our highly interactive, collaborative 12-month curriculum, including on-site sessions and in-company workshops.
Review all eligibility requirements and learn about the application process.
Hear from past participants and learn what is expected of Seed Transformation Program participants.
Explore Related Programs
09 Feb 2020 – 24 Apr 2020
In-person and online|Stanford GSB
11 Mar 2020 – 03 Mar 2021
02 Aug 2020 – 13 Aug 2020