Understanding persuasion is essential to having influence in virtually any environment — in your organization, in a sales pitch, in the marketplace, and even at home. Whether you want to get colleagues on board with your idea, clients or investors interested in your company, or family members to change their behaviors, having persuasion know-how will make you more effective.
The aim of this course is to provide insight into the psychology of persuasion. We will take an evidence-based approach to explore what persuades and why. You will gain access to the science of persuasion, and develop persuasion strategies that leverage this science. You will learn how to engage your audience, establish trust and credibility, and reduce resistance to your ideas
- Engagement: How do you maximize engagement with your audience
- Trust: How do you build trust so that your message can have a greater impact
- Credibility: How do you establish greater expertise
- Self-Persuasion: How do you get people to persuade themselves
- Resistance: How do you lower people’s resistance to your ideas
- Gain deeper insight into the psychology of persuasion
- Identify and practice new, diverse, and evidence-based persuasion strategies
- Create a persuasion toolkit to guide your future persuasion practice
- Enhance your ability to have persuasive impact in a variety of settings
This course is offered in four modules and each module extends beyond theory and enables you to put your learnings directly into practice for real-time results. Videos, case studies, simulations, and personal feedback on select assignments will enhance your understanding of course concepts.
Once you pay, you will unlock course material for 60 days and can save select materials for future reference.