- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Big Data, Strategic Decisions: Analysis to Action
Harness the power of data analytics to improve decisions, gain a competitive edge, and enhance your company’s performance, products, and processes.
Ask. Analyze. Act. Big Data, Strategic Decisions: Analysis to Action gives you the frameworks, tools, and confidence to ask the right questions, interpret the analysis, and use both to transform your data into strategic decisions. No technical or statistical expertise is required, just a desire to use data more effectively to make an impact on your organization — from marketing and operations to HR, supply chain, and business models.
Every morning you will learn conceptual frameworks and tools from world-renowned Stanford faculty to help you make smarter data-driven decisions. Every afternoon you will put learning into action, working on a real data challenge with a small team and a seasoned data analyst who will translate the technical into the actionable. Immerse yourself in design thinking and Agile methodologies to creatively manage your data initiatives. Silicon Valley leaders at the forefront of data analytics will share their experiences on how to best leverage data in a business context. And, Stanford faculty will provide insight into machine learning and the future of artificial intelligence, as well as explore the risks, perils, and ethics of using big data.
There’s no better place to learn about innovative and practical approaches to data analytics than on the Stanford Graduate School of Business campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Thoughtfully designed for data curious leaders, this experiential program brings together Stanford faculty from Stanford GSB and the School of Engineering combined with guest speakers, a lab visit, and a competitive simulation project for a truly comprehensive and creative learning experience.
Key BenefitsLearn and practice creative data-driven strategies to enhance decision making across every facet of your organization.
- Uncover hidden or unexpected connections, correlations, patterns, and trends to drive better decisions.
- Apply design thinking and Agile methodologies to develop big data solutions that are usable and deliver value.
- Explore the future of big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Use conceptual frameworks and tools to recognize the power and potential of data to implement strategic initiatives and drive competitive advantage.
- Network with peers from diverse industries and functional areas to get fresh ideas about how data can be used effectively.
Who Should Attend
- Senior-level executives who understand the importance of data in their organizations and want to harness it for greater competitive advantage. Ideal for executives with little or no expertise in data analysis or statistics
- Decision makers — from any size company, any industry, and any country — who seek to become more data and analytics savvy
04 Aug 2019 – 09 Aug 2019
21 Jun 2019
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Paul Oyer, and hear how Big Data, Strategic Decisions will help you harness the power of data analytics to improve decisions, gain a competitive edge, and enhance your company’s performance, products, and processes.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
19 Aug 2018 – 24 Aug 2018
24 Feb 2019 – 17 May 2019
11 Aug 2019 – 23 Aug 2019